Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Importance of Friends

I have come to realize throughout the years just how essential friends are to my life. My friends have not only been a constant support to me through the rough times, but also my comrades during all the fun times. I don't think any of us ever really sit down and think about what friendship is. Here are some thoughts.

Friends are the ones who when you are crying after a bad break up they scoop you up and make sure they get you laughing again.

Friends are the people who don't shy away from the things that make you unique and different, but instead embrace you for who you are.

Friendship is something you need to value even more than your material possesions...because when they go missing or something happens to them, your friends are still there.

No matter how far away your friends live, they still live in your heart and always find a way to make it known.

Friends are a phone call away when you feel like Atlas and the whole world rests on your shoulders.

These are only a few ways I know who my true friends are. There are so many intrinsic and extrinsic ways that my friends have shown their love for me and I in return give them all I can give. I have developed a deep love for my two roomates and I'm sure they know it! We are an inseperable power of three and always come as a package! I don't know what I would do without these girls in my life!

My friends have become my family as my family lives scattered to what seems to be the four corners of the Earth. They have been a comfort and a release when I have tears and also the life of the party!

I wanted to write this today to tell my friends just how much they mean to me and to remind everyone to remember who your friends are and keep them close by at all times.

Love is found in many forms, but none so dear as a friend,
They stay with you through the storms, and until the bitter end.


Well everyone that's all for now! TNWM : )

3 comments:

  1. OMG that was cute...and umm heck yes we are a package are you kidding me! Have a lovely rest of your day my dear.

    Muah
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too :-) I need my Jeremy fix...I'm coming down either the 2nd weekend or the 3rd weekend of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad they don't have a "LIKE" button on here haha. Like you said, friends are the family you choose for yourself - instead of the ones you're born with. It is so important to have true friends in your life that you know you can trust and count on through thick and thin!

    ReplyDelete