Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recipes for All !

I've decided I also want to use my blog to help people find new and interesting ways to prepare food! I LOVE to cook its one of my passions and hobbies outside of theater and music that I believe I have a proclivity for. Keeping my hands busy is a nice way for me to relax and calm down after a stressful day. If my day was ok I will make a good chicken dinner. Bad day = dessert! I love to bake and create new gourmet drinks and desserts! Cocktails are fun as well!!!

Well for my first recipe I'm going to tell you how to do chicken in a way that isn't boring and VERY fun for summer! This is.....

Chicken Pesto and Asparagus! (borrowed and varieted from the beloved Paula Dean!)

You will need

1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Evoo)
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (each cut in half)
1 Pint Cream (heavy or light as desired)
2 tbs Prepared Basil Pesto
1 Bundle of small asparagus

Heat your pan over a medium heat. About a 5 or a 6 for those with number dials! then add your olive oil. While your olive oil heats slice your three chicken breasts diagonally and sprinkle both sides with some salt and pepper. Then lay them in the pan and about 5-7 minutes on each side should do the trick. Remove when done and set aside and cover if possible. Next, cut your asparagus down and trim it up. Then cut each in half and put in the same pan you just did your chicken in. Cover for four minutes or until soft. Then, add the cream right into the pan over the asparagus and then add your pesto. Stir until it is all a nice light green. Place your chicken back in the pan and let cover and warm over a low heat. THEN...


VOILA! One of the BEST ways to cook chicken with an awesome vegetable that I have EVERRRR tasted! I suggest also making either crescent rolls or a nice garlic bread using french bread! This dish is sure to please taste buds ALLL around the table!

As my dear inspiration Julia says...BON APPETITE!!!! And don't forget that a family dinner together at the table around one dish is worth the time and effort to make! That's where memories are made!!

Well everyone, that's all for now! TNWM

No comments:

Post a Comment