Saturday, July 10, 2010

Introducing the Newest Member of Our Cooking Family: Herbert Harold Sanders III

On 4th of July, we realized our true culinary dreams of a tasty 4th of July cookout could not be completed without on essential thing: a grill. So as we went to Walmart to complete our shopping list, Carrie and I stumbled upon the most beautiful of sights: a display of grills, charcoal, and lighter fluid. It was the closest to spotlight moment with heavenly music I've ever had!

We scoured the display trying to find something in our budget. Then, we saw it. A small size grill, with bun warmer, for a reasonable price! Of course we immediately picked it up to give it a new home where it would be well used! I built it and Carrie then dubbed the little guy Herbert Harold Sanders III. Isn't he wonderful?


Compact and small, yet large enough for our express cooking needs! I've been learning how to do all kinds of neat things with it like indirect and direct cooking. I've already tackled hand made burgers, hot dogs, and chicken. Next I want to try my hand at fish packs and grilled fruits and veggies! Or maybe a kabob! Many adventure with this little guy are in store...who knows what we'll grill up next!!!


TNWM

No comments:

Post a Comment