Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Joys of the Kitchen

The kitchen is one of my favorite places in ANY house! Not only is one able to show off his culinary prowess, but late at night, the kitchen floor becomes a place of gathering, tea time, and deep meaningful talks with friends til ungodly hours of the morning. These moments are the ones I value and cherish the most.

First of all, I LOVE to cook if you couldn't tell by some of my recipe posts. Cooking calms me and also gives me my own creative outlet to explore new exotic tastes and allow myself to get lost in the scents and various aromas of different cuisines. Sometimes I act as though I am a chef on one of those Food Network shows and I "teach" my roomates how to do simple things in the kitchen! It is often a riot...OR there are the times I will make an entire meal acting like Julia Child and using her mannerisms, voices, and phrases. Cooking in and of itself is an artform and hobby for me and I LOVE it.

Also, I really enjoy kitchen clean up time. More often than not it is a task that is NOT at all amusing.....but when you can clean with friends you adore and roomates who are extremely fun, then it becomes a tast WORTH doing! We will put on fun dance music and just jam the night away to our various favorite artists and genres. It has become a tradition and MUST be done at least once a week! I can remember sometimes when I was a kid sometimes hearing music while doing dishes or my sister Amber and I would randomly break into song MUCH to the chagrin of my older brother Josh! Just the thought brings a smile to my face.

The kitchen is and always will be a place where memories are made and new good times are to be had. At this very moment I am watching my dear roomie Carrie "sweep dancing" to some R&B jams and we are all laughing about the day. Even though we all have different ways of running a kitchen...It all comes back to the fact that the kitchen is not just a tool...but a place of gathering where people can share interests and ideas and be fun and creative!

I love our Red kitchen and wouldn't trade it at the moment for any kitchen in the world! Even if there ARE dishes in the sink! HAHAHA

<3


TNWM

2 comments:

  1. Love that kitchen and the people who make the dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you finally painted! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete