Friday, July 23, 2010

Words...The Double Edged Sword

Has someone ever told you something and no matter how seemingly insignificant it seems you can never seem to shake it? Does it still fill you dread and doubt at what was said even though intrinsically you know its not true? Well that is how words are....they cut a wound so deep that no amount of healing can ever truly patch up those scars. People really need to be more careful about what they say. No one truly realizes the impact they might have. Say for instance in my own life...I grew up hearing a lot of things such as how to be, how to act, how to dress, when I looked bad, or had maybe gained too much weight, and etc. Those things have never left my mind. Those words have left scars that affect my personality, my day to day life, and the way I react to others. Of course over the years I have been able to overcome most of my self-concious issues and find myself as the beautiful creation I was made to be, but not without a lot of struggle and help from my friends.

My words of advice are to those who have suffered and maybe are currently suffering from harsh or judgemental words. My words are simple: believe in yourself and believe that God has made every one of us in His image. The only imperfections are the ones others point out to make themselves feel better. Believe in yourselves, believe that you are unique, and love yourself no matter what. Only when you can come to accept yourself and your flaws, can you truly show the world the precious gems you really are.

"Through the pain comes love, through the struggle comes strength, and through words we can change the world." -- Me

Keep your heads held high and if you need to look for help remember...LOOK UP!! : )

TNWM

No comments:

Post a Comment