Saturday, July 10, 2010

An Original Poem: How I Love Thee, Oh Moon



Though the morning and days are fair,
There is one at night who rules the sky and air.
She has taken many names and forms in time,
And is often spoken of in nameless rhyme.
She has been called goddess, Luna, muse, and ruler of romantic love,
As she rules from her throne in the skies above.
She speaks not a word, but says so much,
As night after night her white rays we feel and touch.
At the setting of the sun,
When the day has over and done,
I await the rising of my fair moon,
This maiden that doth cause lovers to swoon.
From my mortal place on Earth I watch this sight,
And each time I am awed by this lady's light.
As she rises higher in her graceful dance,
I feel as though I am held in enraptured trance.
How I love thee, Oh moon...
But look, the day it starts too soon....


TNWM

1 comment:

  1. I love the moon and the stars very much, beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete