Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Simple, Inexpensive, DELICIOUS Recipe: Cottage Cheese and Bows

Today I am presenting to you one of my ALL time favorite dishes. It is simple, cheap, and quickly becomes a table favorite! It is called Cottage Cheese and Bows. The reason for the bows aspect is because of the use of the Farfalle noodle also known as a bowtie pasta.

You Will Need:

1 box of bowtie noodles
1 16 oz cottage cheese (large curdle suggested!)
and butter

Boil your noodles to al dente and then drain. Add as much butter as you like! I like to at least see them glisten and have some still sticking to the inside of the pot...YUM! Finally just add your cottage cheese, stir, and serve! I have also tried some variations on this recipe by adding mixed vegetables, but found i only like peas added with it.

Now, some look at me and say, "YUCK! Cottage cheese with noodles?!" I just nod my head and say "Don't knock it before you try it." It has been a family favorite for years! I remember eating it as a kid and being SO stuffed that like my brother Josh used to say i was "stuffed to the buff!" I can guarantee that your kids and family will ask for it again and again!

(A good suggested side is either a nice salad or some garlic bread or both!)

Bon Appetit!

TNWM

No comments:

Post a Comment